The safety and health of every person who contributes to a Texas BBQ Bash event is the most important business consideration. No person will be required to perform a task or utilize equipment that they consider to be unsafe. The organization will comply with all applicable safety and health requirements and maintain occupational safety and health standards that are equal to or exceed the best practices in the BBQ competition industry.
The organization pledges to do the following:
- Strive to achieve the goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Require safeguards wherever they are necessary.
- Conduct routine safety and health inspections to find and eliminate unsafe conditions, control health hazards, and comply with all applicable State of Texas safety and health requirements.
- Require all volunteers and participants to provide the necessary personal protective equipment to safely perform their work.
- Enforce the organizations safety and health rules and require the volunteers and participants to follow those rules as a condition of their participation.
- Provide adequate security resources to manage the crowds and any foreseeable or assumed disturbances.
- Require the sponsors who serve alcohol to the public to follow all state TABC laws.
- Provide for traffic management wherever an event creates at risk traffic conditions.
- Make the identification and mitigation of hazards part of the planning phase of all activities.
- If something is not right, or something does not feel right, the job or the task will be paused until the hazards or perceived risk has been mitigated to a reasonable level.
- Human trafficking of any kind is strictly prohibited at any Texas BBQ Bash event or activity. Any suspected or known occurrences of human trafficking will be immediately reported to local law enforcement.